Need Support? Injured?
You're not alone
Contact the ISN on freecall
1800 982 241
Mon-Fri 10am - 4pm or Email Us

Permenant Impairment

You may be left with permanent disabilities as a result of your work-related injuries. Should you be left with a disability, then you may be entitled to make a claim for lump sum compensation and possibly for pain and suffering.

The lump sum claim is provided in addition to your weekly payments and medical expenses and is to recognise the fact you have a permanent disability.

Lump sum claims are usually provided after most of your treatment has occurred and your condition or injury has stabilised or appears not to be changing. At that time you would be assessed by a doctor who has qualifications to assess these lump sums for the injury. If you get over a certain percentage for the injury then you would be entitled to an additional lump sum for pain and suffering.

Lump sum compensation does not finalise your rights and so after settlement you will still be entitled to claim weekly payments and medical expenses into the future.

If your workers compensation insurer decides to offer you a lump sum after being assessed by a doctor arranged by them it is important you obtain independent legal advice concerning the offer made by the insurer.

If you have any questions about lump sum compensation then you should speak to your solicitor or contact ISN who can provide further information.

Further Reading


LHD Lawyers

LHD LawyersLHD Lawyers is a leading personal injury law firm specialising in all aspects of personal injury law.

XYZ Support Web Design

XYZ Support Web Design

XYZ Support specialise in custom web solutions from small to large business